SCM

Pages

Monday, June 16, 2014

14~6~14 #Day3 Get to know more about the Camp

I woke up so early in the morning, 6.30a.m. to get myself ready!
Today we had a lot of programmes going on.
After breakfast, we went to cheer for those who joined fun run.

I planned to join at first but we needed to pay 20USD for that so I decided not to.
After that, we had the circle games.
It is something like a station games whereby we had to choose 5 stations that we are interested in.
I went for the art and crafts, how to be counselors 101, how to handle bad weather, ice breaking sessions, songs and skits.
We learn to to do friendship bracelets in arts and crafts session.

As a counselors, we need to have a clear mind of what we are going and what we actually doing, be positive.
To handle bad weather, they said it might seem to be a bad weather for others but we have to be positive, take it a liquid sunshine!
Instead of outdoor games, we can have something like huckle buckle bean sprout ( they hide the wooden thing and we need to find it)
the card game( guess the word start with same alphabet)
mafia
Thor game( somebody shack your hand and you die if they tickle your hand)
villain and Dame zone( you have to aim on 2 people and make sure your villain and Dame zone)

the physical kind of exercise (like one group as pepsi, the other is coke and ask pepsi are called,they need to run over to the other group, I want you!, turn-around ,high five)
and the squeezy thing( all of us have to squeeze tgt)
and paper scissor rock
( hre I found it interesting is that one thing Malaysian don't do is to put hand below the other so thre is no diff in the no of counting)
Wow, it was kinda awesome for the songs and skits sessions.
As they asked us about the best songs I love.
I can think of nothing else but Muffins song which involve father mother brother!
Then, they introduced us different kind of songs such as Pizza song, chilli, show me how to  get down , bom chika boom( this is repeat after me song, they have diff styles such as lady, cowboy, janitor, motorcycle and underwater), boa constrictor and soo...
Their skits was so good! Especially the worm skit, the airplane skit. Well, they used different techniques such as camera action, remote( bean), let's cheer, let's do it in Spanish, on fire, cheat game,laughing way, fart and so so...
Personally, as an Asian, I was thinking we can have our unique kind of game too..such as hai dai,
I had came out with my own skits though, I remember those related to liang popo, maybe I can relate it to Disney movie such as Mickey, Mini, Goffy, Donut, Daisy....Popeye, Harry Potter stuff
梁婆婆重出江湖

I remember the one that Donut mess up with the music instrument,
I even think of the cheer for kids such as Einstein story( we are a team, go team go team!)
They always go for cheers like row a boat, mary has a lamb
They have fun greeting game such as 007, butts bumping game, hand forming pistol game, shoes lacing game, c game( I learn sme technique though, initiation is very imp), throwing smile game,ball passing game( reverse or free), shoes game( sth like wind blow game)

After lunch. we had our gaga game.

The last session was fun. We get to arrange ourselves in ages, height,years in camp jewell and name....so that we can know each other better



No comments:

Post a Comment