SCM

Pages

Thursday, June 18, 2015

16/6/17 Second day in Edinburgh,Scotland

Weather-windy and sunny,12 degree
Accomodation- Prince Backpacker hostel ( 11£ per night)
Expenses- 
Breakfast-3.4£
Souvenir-hoddie-9.99£, postcard-3 for 1£
Scotlink ticket to Forth Bridge- 3.80£

We woke up at 9 a.m. We went to the SNAX just around the corner on the right hand side walking out of prince backpacker hostel-PBH. I ordered an All-Day breakfast. The breakfast includes the fried egg, butter bread, veggie sausage, hash brown and tatto " stone"

Then, we went for morning shopping along the Prince Street. There are lot of branded stuffs here, H&M, ""
I bought my sister a Scotland's hoddie.

Then, we headed to our first destination, Arthur's Seat. It is ranked as first-to-do thing in Edinburgh by Trip Advisor!
It is an volcano in Holyrood Park.
Height- 251m
Footwear-light
Price-free
Hiking hour- 30 minutes midway and 1 hour to the top exclude the time taking photos 
Hiking level- 3/10

We departed at 12p.m. and since walked there from our hostel. It took us 1hour 30 minutes to the top and we spent an hour on the top of the mountain. The wind was so strong that I felt like it can blow me off anytime. Standing on the top of it, I felt like I am conquering the world. The scenery is definitely breathtaking! 
On the way back, the patches of grass were dancing like dancers, welcoming us with its open hands, waving from sides to sides.

At about 4p.m. , we get back to our hostel, charging our phone and online for a while.
Then, we had our luner in SNAX again. This time I ordered a big veggie burger with chips. I felt so full that I didn't actually eat any of it. Except some chips and I decided to have it for tomorrow's  breakfast.

Our next destination was the forth bridge. It took 30 minutes train from Waverly Bridge to " Dalmeny". We departed at 6p.m. and arrives there at 6.30 p.m. It is a bridge that linked Edinburg and Inverkething. A lot of people died during the construction of it. Approximately 7 people per column. The view from the North Queensferry will give a better view of it. However, we didn't get to the other side though.
Regret is definitely there as we didnt make it to the North and only able to take a few in the South but still, the view is good enough to impress me. Believe me, if you demand more, visit the Golden Bridge in U.S. I have seen it once and I always feel like going back again!
I believe every single architecture have a story behind it and I appreciate it all! 
Also, we walked all the way to the beach, beneath the bridge, where Jay Chow took his wedding photos!
We spent 3 hours there and took 9.30p.m. train back to hostel. 
The day was long and I was damn tired. After taking shower, I slept, still listening to " All of Me" by Jonn Legend....

1 comment:

  1. hahah jay chow took his ming ming jun mv at forth bridge! not his wedding's photo! wrong info!! he took it at charles bridge! haha

    ReplyDelete