SCM

Pages

Saturday, May 23, 2015

5/18-First day in Bucharest, Romania

Time Zone- 2 hours ahead of Dublin

Attraction-
Stavropoleos Church
Garajul Ciclop
Palace of Parliament

Expenditure
Flight with Ryanair- 55 euro
Accomodation in Friends Hostel

Must-Try-Food-
Beer- Ursus 2-4 Lei
Mititei-
Mix of minced pork, beef and lamb

Brief Intro of the City-
Romania earned the nickname "Little Paris"

Jumped out of the bed an hour later than the time I was supposed to!
My Singaporean friend woke up even earlier than I did! She prepared oatmeal breakfast for me *so sweet of her*
I only managed to eat 1 or 2 spoonfuls and hugged her goodbye. 
I ran all my way to the bud stop and realized I forget to take my camera! Luckily I managed to get on the bus after running like crazy! 
My friends was waiting at the airport 's checked in area, we get in an hour earlier, having some chat using broken "Cantonese", updating each other on our summer plan.
Little did i know that Queen and Mann Wei are going for a Romania volunteer programme on 18th July and I recalled how I had a wonderful summer last year in U.S.
Our flight with Ryanair delayed for half an hour time! 
I sat with Julia in the plane, talking about a bit of academic stuff, how we spent our last summer and lot more others, reading book with title  "我怕没有机会过我喜欢的生活".
There is a quote that I actually love a lot which is "人最怕不是改变,而是一成不变".
I slept for a while, woke up after 30 minutes flight.
We arrived at 2 p.m. and straight we took a taxi to go to the Friends hostel.
Queen fell when she entered the gate! The cashier doesn' t seem to be as friendly.
We went to Old Town straight after that for some good food.
It took 35 minutes to walk there.
The most attractive part would be discovering the Ice Cream in McDonald only worth 1 Lei!
We were in rush to get to the Walking tour at 6 p.m. Thus we planned to have it after that.

Walking Tour's Details-
Highlight
*Stavropoleas Convent
Ruins of Vlad's Citadel
Manuc's Inn

Palace of Parliament
Revolution Spots
Victory Blvd
Time- 1030-1800
Spot- Lady in Orange


We passed by the Cismigu park while heading to the Unirii Park.

We were surprised that we were the only tourist.
Luckily more people came after that.
We went to 3 main place which is the University of Romania, Post office whereby they called it palace and right in front of it is a naked statue holding a dog with elephant tail, the Stavropoleos Church

Stavropoleos Church-
The most beautiful church in the capital of Romania


I haver no idea what it symbolise anyway.
I was astonished by the story of Ceausescu moved the building, the church from one place to the other so that communist would not demolished it, even with people inside.
However, it took them months to do so...

Character Intro-
Ceausescu-
Romania's Communist President
He ruled Romania for 21 years and earned reputation as a brutal dictator.


We also visited Manuc' Inn, which considered as the "last caravanasary of South East Europe "

We also visited the well known Vlad Tepes-impaler is statue was surrounded by the pillars
He was known as the hero as his successful military exploits against the Ottoman Turks.
I couldn't wait to know more about him.

So, we decided to visit the Bran Castle, the most famous Draculoa site near the city Brasov. Vlad stayed here fro some time on one of his excursions into Transylvania.

Our last stop is the Victoria Boulevard, where the office towers and the government buildings situated.


Other to visit-If you are interested to see the km 0- all locations on the road have a number depending on their distance from this location. In Romania, you can find it in front of the St George Church.

We had our first cup of Ursus and they have the famous Mizu. I ordered the mackerel Stew! So nice! Love it. 


At night, we went for parliament palace. The best photo of the day with the mountain right in front of the Parliment!

The night is warm and comfy. We reached hostel at 11 p.m. and my head was pounding .. Slept like a pig... till the next morning.



No comments:

Post a Comment