SCM

Pages

Monday, May 19, 2014

#Day2 #Grand Canyon,the desert....SUMMER in the air!But I love it! =P

'
( photos will be uploaded in 3months time)
14~5~19
Yeah!Second day of our trip! anticipating as usual....Ohhh...too bad have to wake up early in the morning at 4. 30a.m. as we followed tour to Grand Canyon....and Hoover Dam.

We had our hearty breakfast in Denny's cafe,omelette with cheese....as breakfast! My favourite=P !!! heard so US famous for their sausage! I did try some frm Cindy's dish!But it seemed normal kut.....

Waiting for the bus to pick us up in Hampston Inn, wow....we saw limo passes by....then a van arrived instead of a bus...thought so this was the one,so cozy and spaceful, then, at one point, it stopped and the driver asked us to enter the other bus( fine, haha, no luck to enjoy the van trip....)

One hour journey to the Hoover Dam, the origin of Las Vegas! No dam no LA,that is what people said because it supply the main water source.

We crossed the Hoover Bridge built by Mike....it took about 10years to do so.One worker died during the construction. Wow, can't believe we were actually here, standing on the bridge and looked down from above, it was just breathtaking and unbelievable awesome! Wait a minute...is a LEGEND!

Then, we went back to our bus and another 2hours journey to the Grand Canyon. Cannot tell how much I actually love it! I do love desert( Maybe you might think I am insane! How is it possible for people to love dessert? It was just too hot and you are in the middle of  NOWHRE) However, I always dream of me myself staying here with my loved one for about maybe a year or so. just to experience different kind of life. I read a novel written by San Mao before, she is my idol, she is so adventurous, resourceful and daring! She knows what is the best thing to do in emergency. I always hope that I can be just like her.

Well, out of topic!Back to Grand Canyon, it consists of 3main point, which are Hualapai, Eagle and Guana point. We went to Eagle point first because we bought the ticket to enjoy the skywalk( You will know how is it like if you ever been to Penang Hill before!) 

Cindy and I took turn to take a walk and the other captured photos from the other side of the bridge as we were not allowed to bring along our camera and the photos taken by the photographer over there cost 35USD per photo! A BIG NONO!

I was under the scorning sun! for almost half an hour, luckily it was not burning hot and kind of windy as well, and the sand was blown everywhere, just like hurricane....

We tried a little bit of crazy posture to take the best shoot such as lying by the edge of the hill, dangling our leg by the edge, acting like we are going to fall down ( not imitation! seriously, haha, safety come first!)

We rushed to the next Guana point, wow, there are 2 big hills made of pieces of rocks for us to climb up....

Lunch time! Buffet!Yea! The best thing in life is having big meal when you feel like a hungry ghost!

Quite sad that we had to skip the last point which is the Hualapai Point( smething like cowboy town), is 3.30p.m. and the everyone is waiting for us actually! Hehe....nvm, still satisfied!

Both of us slept like pigs in the bus! 

After 2 and a half hour, we woke up and what happened after that was not nice to talk to. As we were not so sure about the location of our next destination,we mentioned the previous one but soon we realized the other stop which is the circus is much more earlier, so we asked for change in direction but the driver wasn't so friendly and seemed to be a bit annoyed, The passengers in the front roll even mentioned "If they are not going down in the circus stop, I am going to throw them out!" 

I was like" Whatever, I just want to get to my destination."Sometimes, we have to suppress the bad feeling within us although we feel so hurt but never let people who aren't so good to affect you. Still believing good people are everywhere as long as this is the way you treat people. 

To be random, throughout the trip, I learnt sth,
Everyone want to be someone special, prominent, look high by others, capable, strong. For me, nothing seemed to be important, as long as you are happy and it spreads to those around you. Treat people whole-heartedly, people do the same to you. Everyone make mistake.....and you don't need recognition from others to find your role in the universe, you don't have to proof but you need to have faith in yourself....Only people who know you appreciate you =)

Well, we took another an hour to find our hotel, and haha, the funny thing is that all these while, it was just in front of us, Palace Station, just that we never believe that our hotel was the grand one and we kept walking here there.

The next things we did right after we reached was to start booking Antelope Canyon trip ticket for next day...the wifi was so weak that I ended up going to the lobby and started booking till midnight. ( Oh man.....We skipped our dinner....sad.....)

Another trick here! Cindy accidentally open one of the movie and was being charged for 10USD....! Still, nvm......problem that can be solved by money is never a PROB!

After 1am, I went back and Cindy slept soundly there, hehe, so sorry for her. She must be very worried that I came back so late and I know she was a bit sick also. Actually, I am really sorry that I didn't really able to help her much in lot of things....

1 comment: