SCM

Pages

Tuesday, August 4, 2015

2015/8/4 Belgium Trip

Here I go again!After rested for another 2 weeks at home. I applied job in Germany, working as a farmer. I invited my friend, Wei Kun who is still studying engineering in Karlshruhe to visit another four countries which are Belgium, Luxemberg, Germany and Switzerland.

I arrived the airbnb in Rue Vanderlinder a bit earlier than WK. The host is very friendly. My phone was out of battery again and as usual, I forget my adaptor. So, he lent me his adaptor. Then, another 2 of his friends came by and we chat a little. He gave me a map and show me wherebout of Belgium to visit.

I really do look forward for their waffles and pommes. We stayed in somewhere near the attic whereby there are big window above your head. Weather here is much more hotter compare to Ireland.


when it was about noon time, WK arrived.It has been almost one year since I last saw him. He didn't change much though, from appearance. So, we rested a bit and straightaway started our journey. It was about 20 min walk to the town.

We made a list of interest points such as Manneken Pis, Atomium, Mini Europe, Cathedral of St Michael, Brussel Town Hall

While we reached the town, the first thing I was searching for is the Dandoy. Cindy mentioned to me that they have the best waffles and the queue is always longer than expected. While we reached there, we saw no one there and started to wonder if this is the right one. So we went in and realised that they sold only biscuits!! So we ended up buying bunches of biscuits instead of waffles ==. Then, we decided to go for pommes instead. The pommes are not as good as I expected, maybe I am not a fans of fried food!

While we continued to walk, only we saw that there is a long queue of people queuing for something. Out of curiosity, we approached and saw that this is the shop of the same name"Dandoy" and they were selling waffles!!!!
However, we were quit full that time so we decided to come back after.

When It was about evening time, we decided to walk to the atomium nearby. It is very close to Mini Europe.It is indeed breathtaking and one of the rare structure that I have ever seen. It represent the quality of inspire people imagination. It appears neither of pyramid, tower or skyline.

I did some research on that and It shows that the atomium will appear blue at night. So we decided to sit beside. WK used his gopro and put time lapse on.
It was quite cold when night getting closer though.

I got quite a bit impatient waiting though but WK seemed to enjoy a lot sitting there playing his "pikacu game".
I went to different site and took the photos of the atomium from different angle. In whatsoever sense, It still appear symmetry to me though. Haha

When we were about to give up as the sky is still so bright even after some time.We were thinking that those photos might be just edited instead.
However, when we were about to give up, it turned blue!!!!
We quickly took a lot of more photos and then only we left with satisfaction!
Dandoy waffle

atomium


fountain

manikkan pis







No comments:

Post a Comment